20 Tips for Young People
27 Aug 2016
Tips for Young People- Never be afraid to ask for help
- People will promise to never leave you. They will. It’s okay to be sad when they do.
- It is always okay to cry. Always! Find a bathroom, bury your face in your pillow. Cry in the shower. In the car. Cry when you need to, or just cry with friends and let it out.
- Boys will flirt with you for a while and then ignore you. Then, they will flirt with you some more. It will be confusing. Boys think differently to Girls.
- Girls will flirt with you, smile at you, even kiss you and then go kiss someone else. Its confusing as hell, but remember, a kiss is just a kiss.
- Pay attention to what people say when they’re angry. When you make up and they tell you they didn’t mean any of it, but always know that they did. Also know that they wish they didn’t say it or mean it. Forgive them.
Take A Deep Breath Tips for Young People
- Never pretend to be someone you’re not. If you don’t like tea and classic novels, don’t act like you do to impress people. If you don’t want to wear leather jackets and combat boots, don’t wear them to please someone else. Be your truth. Be true to yourself.
- People will be mean to you; they will spread lies, call you names, and talk about you behind your back. Eventually you will realize that it is petty and stupid and not worth your time. You’ll be right. Move on with your life.
- Your friends will not always be there for you. When you really need to talk, they will sometimes not want to hear it. That’s okay. Take a deep breath and remember all the times you felt the same way. Exhale.
- You will wait and wait and wait for your first kiss and your first date and your first relationship. The anticipation will kill you. You will keep trying to find the right person in everyone you meet. Relax. There’s no rush. The best things happen unplanned.
- Enjoy being young. Love that everything is spontaneous. As you get older, things become more and more scheduled out. Embrace the fact that you aren’t there yet.
There Anger Is Not Your Fault
- Tell people how you feel. It will be terrifying in some cases and gratifying in others. It will create relationships and ruin them. But speak your Heart, even if your voice shakes, because your Heart felt feelings may never otherwise be heard, tell the Truth.
- Sleep. If you go to bed late, sleep in. When you’re still tired when you wake up, go back to bed. If you can’t stay awake during the day, take a nap. Sleeping is a foolproof way of getting rid of your problems for a little while. Utilize it.
- Talk to people. Chit chat to your sister about the guy she likes. Talk to your mom about her childhood. Listen to your dad talk about his favorite books. Talk to your grandparents about their families. Talk to your friends, talk to your pets, talk to the cute waitress at the restaurant. Learn things from them. Be inspired.
- Always bring a sweater. Even if you think it won’t be cold.
- Try new things. Eat a new food, try a new kind of juice, switch up the way you dress. You never know what you might end up loving. Life can get boring. Mix it up a bit.
Smile It Makes It Easier
- Take care of yourself. Wash your hair with that good smelling soap you love. Eat fruits and vegetables. Drink lots of water. Go for long walks in pretty parks.
- School is important. Try your hardest. If you don’t get something, ask for help. Do your homework. Show your teachers that you’re willing to work hard, and when it comes time to apply to colleges, you’ll be glad you did.
- There will always be someone prettier, smarter, funnier, or more popular than you. The beauty of it is that it isn’t a competition.
- Live with Honour and Integrity, even when others around you are liars and cheats, later in life you will realise the value of Honesty.
- Be Yourself
Tips for Young People