Welcome to The Positive Mind
with David Ellis
A Holistic approach to Mind Matters
for Individuals and Business
Choosing the right Help
Choosing a Coach, Consultant or Therapist can be a daunting task, because this relationship must be based on Trust and Non-Judgement because of the Vunerability it raises.
According to experts in mental health practice, who the therapist is as a person is one of the most important variables influencing the success or failure of therapy. In other words, the therapist’s personal qualities mean just as much – if not more – than his or her professional skills.
When you are seeking a therapist, it can be helpful to ponder what personal qualities you value in this kind of provider. Here are some characteristics that research has shown are important:
- Courage – Therapists need to be vulnerable at times, admitting their mistakes and imperfections and being willing to take the same risks they would expect clients to take.
- Willingness to model new behaviors – Therapists teach largely by example.
- Presence – Therapists should not being distracted, but instead be fully attentive to what is going on in the moment with their clients.
- Goodwill, genuineness, and caring – Having a sincere interest in the welfare of others is essential to being an effective therapist.
- Belief in the therapy process – Therapists need to believe in what they are doing in order to facilitate meaningful change.
- Openness – Therapists must be willing to reveal enough of themselves to give clients a sense of who they are as a person.
- Nondefensiveness – Therapists should be frank and nondefensive when faced with criticism from clients. Otherwise, clients may receive the message that openness and honesty are not really valued in the therapeutic relationship.
Cultural awareness – Therapists need to be aware of the cultural issues that may impact the therapeutic relationship.
Corey, M. S., Corey, G., & Corey, C. (2014). Groups: Process and practice (9th ed.). Belmont, CA: Brooks/Cole.
Allow David Help You
This is why David urges all new clients seeking Counselling, Hypnotherapy, Stress Management, or Mindfulness programs to come and have an informal 20/30 minute chat over coffee with him to ensure that you will be confident and happy that he and you can work together. There is no charge for this initial Consultation.
There is no Pre -Consultation for stand alone Holistic Therapy or Meditation
Your healing and well being is the most important thing, David believes your well being deserves more than a one hour session per week. That is why his sessions run from two to three hours per session to allow time for you to relax and open up and also to spend time in nature on the grounds of the Positive Mind.
You deserve this time for You.
The Positive Mind Clinic focuses on a Holistic approach to Mind Matters because Mind Matters become Body Matters and all Body Matters need to be treated in a Holistic manner.
When there is an incongruence between the conscious and subconscious mind, Stress is created within the body, which in turn creates disease within the entire physical, emotional and spiritual bodies.
Be open to Change
Be open to the Possibilities